ScrumMaster Starter Pack
What is the ScrumMaster Starter Pack?
Have you been on a training course and are now looking to put the theory into practice? Do you know what a ScrumMaster is supposed to do but still struggling to get the full benefits of Scrum into your team and organisation? Are you looking to increase the engagement of your team, the business or leaders within your organisation? Perhaps my coaching starter pack is for you.
This starter pack is a set of six 90-minute one-on-one sessions – either face to face or virtually over the internet – where we will work through specific situations to help you become more effective in your role as ScrumMaster.
The topics we cover will be completely up to you but some of the more common topics include:
- How do I get more engagement and buy-in from my team?
- How can I make my retrospectives more effective?
- How can I influence managers to support greater change?
- How can I be an effective ScrumMaster for multiple teams?
- How can I encourage the product owner to get more involved?
- How do I deal with a disruptive team member?
- How do I develop myself to become a better servant-leader?
- Am I doing the right things and doing things right?
How does the starter pack help ScrumMasters?
"I was surprised how much I learned about other people but also about myself. And I could actually see the results in my relationships and effectiveness."
The main benefits you will get from the ScrumMaster supervision pack are:
- The opportunity to analyse and make progress on tricky real-life scenarios
- Improved awareness of your impact as a ScrumMaster
- Improved relationships with the team and the product owner
- Greater effectiveness as an organisational change agent
- Improved awareness of your strengths and challenges
- Increased confidence in your role
After the starter pack, there is an opportunity to migrate to an ad-hoc less-frequent cadence as necessary or even an email support option.
Why does a ScrumMaster need a coach?
Having a coach provides a safe, neutral, non-judgemental environment to explore the nuances of what is a difficult role as a ScrumMaster. There are very few situations where there is a clear right or wrong approach and everything that you do, or don’t do, will have an impact on the behaviour and culture of the team and the organisation. Coaching will help you talk and think through the various options available to you, develop a strategy aligned to your objectives and values and then reflect on the implementation of that strategy over time.
I focus on developing your skills of self-reflection and critical thinking in order to increase your independence as opposed to simply passing on my own coaching wisdom. I operate independently and with confidentiality so you are free to work through your concerns, worries and anxieties without fear of it harming your career or relationships with colleagues.
Starter Pack sessions.