Take the CSP-SM class and complete your Path to CSP journey with the 3rd part of the Scrum Master's track of the Certified Scrum Professional program.
Ends: September 25 at 5:00 pm
Join me and my mate Paul Goddard on our unique two-day Scrum Mastery (CSP-SM) training course in London. Deepen your theoretical and practical experience of the servant-leadership and coaching role that is the ScrumMaster.
Paul & I are two of the leading Scrum thinkers in the world. Having started our agile journeys helping lead one of the biggest agile transformations at British Telecom back in 2001, we have since helped companies across the world get the most out of Scrum. Between us we have authored four books, keynoted at conferences in 3 continents and recorded nearly 100 pubcasts! As well as our obvious agile backgrounds, we also have other skills such as professional coaching, improvisational theatre and sports coaching that we weave into our work to help teams and organisations grow and develop.
This Certified Scrum Professional course is aimed at those in a servant-leadership and coaching role who are looking for a deeper level of enabling, facilitation and coaching skills. Please note that delegates must already hold an A-CSM accreditation.
In this course you will:
- Learn how to accelerate teamwork and team accountability in a new or established Scrum team.
- Learn how lean concepts, complexity thinking and systems thinking can be useful to a ScrumMaster.
- Learn how to coach using an understanding of psychological concepts that drive individual and team behaviour.
- Learn advanced facilitation techniques to enhance your Scrum meetings.
- Learn strategies to help you understand and influence organisational development.
PLUS you are encouraged to co-own and mould the agenda by bringing your own challenges, questions and areas of interest to the group to make the learning as personal as possible.
There will be plenty of time for discussions and specific questions too.
The course will be demanding and will require the candidate to demonstrate ALL of the skills taught during the course to achieve the required CSP-SM standard. You will be expected to show evidence of your skills both during the course AND as part of a strong coursework element (pre and post course).
Geoff & Paul pride themselves on only certifying those who meet the standard set by the Scrum Alliance and commit to helping you get through the process. To ensure this, the class is kept small – no more than 15 people. As with their other classes, those who commit to the experience will go on to excel in the ScrumMaster role.
“The CSM & A-CSM by Geoff Watts & Paul Goddard have been crucial to my development and putting me on the map for employers. The A-CSM course held a lot of weight for my latest position, thank you. I know the creation of A-CSM was extremely hard work but changed my way of thinking about what it is to be a Scrum Master.” – Guy McAll
The in-person element of this training is a two-day course starting at 9am on both days and aiming to finish at 5pm on day one and 4.30pm on day two. Lunch is included on-site [you can choose from a great menu!] for both days and tea and coffee is provided too.
Candidates are also expected to spend time gathering evidence of their own to support the coursework element of training. This is not a trivial task and will take time – we estimate successful candidates will take up to 90 days to complete ALL training elements to the required standard.
Based on the challenging curriculum and concepts, the CSP-SM training is aimed at people already VERY experienced (at least 2 years) with the ScrumMaster role. You will be expected to fully participate in the class, and dedicate time to (and iterate on) your coursework element.
To be eligible for the CSP-SM accreditation, attendees must have undertaken ACSM training and have an active ACSM.
The CSP-SM Perks
By attending this CSP-SM course you will:
- Be challenged to become a more effective ScrumMaster
- Learn from the experiences of other practicing ScrumMasters
- Expand your career opportunities by standing out from the crowd of Certified ScrumMasters
- Demonstrate to employers your attainment of advanced Scrum knowledge
- Be able to upgrade your A-CSM certification to the CSP-SM certification
You can claim a minimum of 16 SEUs/PDUs by attending this course which you can use as evidence of your personal and professional development.
– Two days with two of the UK’s leading Scrum coaches exploring your specific challenges and questions.
– A stellar lunch each day and free flowing tea and coffee.
– A CSP-SM certification that very few people in the world hold.*
– Some exclusive goodies
* Please note to be eligible for the CSP-SM certification you must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be an existing ACSM
- Complete the pre-class coursework
- Be prepared to share your experiences of being in a Scrum team during the full two-day class
- Demonstrate ALL the skills taught during the full two-day class
- Keep a post-course journal which showcases how you have used the skills you learned during the course
About Geoff Watts
I am the founder of Inspect & Adapt Ltd, an inspirational thought leader and one of the most experienced and respected agile and leadership coaches in the world.
The CSP-SM class was an unforgettable experience with great people and great trainers. More than I expected indeed. Thank you guys!