Learn about the Scrum framework, the ScrumMaster role and experience how a Scrum project is planned and executed.
Register for updates
Sign-up and we'll let you know when session dates for this course become available.
Join me on my fun and interactive two-day Certified ScrumMaster Training course where I will go beyond the basics of the standard CSM class and delve into the psychology of teamwork and the skills a ScrumMaster really needs to help the team get the best out of themselves and Scrum.
In this CSM course, you will learn about the Scrum framework, the ScrumMaster role and experience how a Scrum project is planned and executed. I will guide you through a simulation of a Scrum project using LEGO® bricks to explore what it feels like and what juicy challenges you can expect to face in the role. You will learn some top techniques to make your real-world application of Scrum more effective.
What you will learn
- The values and principles of agile development.
- The Scrum framework: its artefacts, rules and ceremonies.
- The roles and responsibilities within a Scrum team.
- How to plan for a multi-team, multi-sprint Scrum project.
- How to track progress over the course of a Scrum project.
- Common challenges when introducing Scrum to an organisation.
There will be plenty of time for discussions and specific questions too.
This CSM course is aimed at people relatively new to Scrum who are curious to learn more. The class is kept small – no more than 20 people and usually around 12. You are encouraged to co-own and mould the agenda by bringing your own challenges, questions and areas of interest to the group to make the learning as personal as possible.
There are no pre-requisites for my CSM training and delegates of all backgrounds, industries, work experience and Scrum knowledge are welcome. I do suggest you familiarise yourself with the Agile Manifesto and The Scrum Guide beforehand.
“I thought the CSM was one of the best (if not the best, Lego had a lot to do with it!) course I have ever done, well worth the investment. I feel completely inspired to take as much of the principles and benefits back to my clients organisations to help make a difference, and I feel like now I have the confidence to be able to push it! I will be recommending the course to my colleagues.” – Rowland Booth, Frazer-Nash Consultancy
This is a two-day course starting at 9am on both days and aiming to finish at 5pm on day one and 4.30pm on day two. Lunch is included on-site [you can choose from a great menu!] for both days and tea and coffee are provided too.
After successfully completing this Scrum course I will enter you for the CSM exam, hosted by the Scrum Alliance. You have 90 days to take the exam online and two attempts to pass; the questions are multiple choice. Once you have passed this exam [I know you will!], you will earn your CSM certification.
The CSM perks
By earning a Certified ScrumMaster® certification you:
- Expand your career opportunities by staying relevant and marketable across all industry sectors adopting Agile practices.
- Demonstrate to employers and peers your attainment of core Scrum knowledge.
- Learn the foundation of Scrum and the scope of the Certified ScrumMaster’s role from the best minds in Scrum.
- Engage with a community of recognised Scrum experts who are committed to continuous improvement.
- Will be able to fill the role of ScrumMaster or Scrum team member.
- Will have access to local user groups, online social networks, and additional resources that are only available to Scrum Alliance members.
You can claim 16 SEUs/PDUs by attending my two-day CSM course which you can use towards further Scrum adventures.
- Two-day CSM with the UK’s leading Scrum coach (not self-titled, honest!). I have been a Certified Scrum Trainer since 2005 which makes me the longest serving Scrum coach in the UK.
- A stellar lunch each day and free flowing tea and coffee.
- Exam fee for the CSM certification.
- A two-year membership to Scrum Alliance.
- A discount code to use against my Scrum Mastery course on Front Row Agile to continue learning at a time and place that suits you.
“Through my career I’ve seen a lot of instructors and I have to say that Geoff is the best I have ever met. The way the knowledge was presented made it interesting and the supporting exercises were very good! A colleague told me to wait for a Scrum course instructed by Geoff rather than participate in the first available course. And I must agree.” – Jane Lisbeth Olsen, Statoil
Geoff delivers an excellent training course. The 2 days I spent on CSM were really well prepared. There is no doubt that Geoff has deep subject knowledge combined with an engaging style. I can't recommend the CSM course highly enough it was that good!
National Council of Psychotherapists
Association of Business Psychologists
International Coach Federation
Certified Enterprise Coach
About Geoff Watts
I am the founder of Inspect & Adapt Ltd, an inspirational thought leader and one of the most experienced and respected agile and leadership coaches in the world.