This Scrum Alliance certified class will help you enhance your leadership within your organisation as you develop your organisational culture to thrive in a world where "doing agile" is no longer enough.
Ends: October 23 at 5:00 pm
The Certified Agile Leadership class is a two-day interactive workshop where you will be introduced the ORGANIC agility framework and understand the leader’s role in guiding cultural change within the organisation. The vision for this workshop is to make the values and principles of Agile accessible to every leader, regardless of prior education and experience, by making known the why, what, and how of Agile in a pragmatic and experiential approach.
This is an introductory, education-based program that consists of learning objectives across five categories. The goal of CAL I is to bring awareness of Agile leadership thinking, focus, and behaviours and to start the Agile leader on their learning journey. The CAL I credential is achieved upon successful completion of the CAL I learning objectives.
What you will learn
- The context for Agile
- Agile overview
- Leadership in an Agile context
- The Agile organization
- Agile approaches to change and organisational design
There will be plenty of time for discussions and specific questions too.
This CAL I course is aimed at executives who desire to be more than just someone who authorises hiring a consultant or coach and want to discover a meaningful role to play in an Agile transformation; coaches and consultants whose challenge is to help clients through an Agile transformation with a lot of focus on people and mindsets to shift the culture; managers whose challenge includes overcoming internal resistance to organization-wide agility.
The class is kept small – no more than 16 people and usually around 12. You are encouraged to co-own and mould the agenda by bringing your own challenges, questions and areas of interest to the group to make the learning as personal as possible.
You must be in a position to influence the leadership of your organisation for my CAL I training and delegates of all backgrounds, industries, work experience and agile knowledge are welcome. There is some pre-work including watching videos and reading papers, plus some observation of teams at work.
After the course, you will have some ongoing homework and journaling to continue your development and this will include support and optional coaching from myself.
This is a two-day course starting at 9am on both days and aiming to finish at 5pm on both days. Lunch is included on-site [you can choose from a great menu!] for both days and tea and coffee are provided too.
The CAL perks
By earning a Certified Agile Leadership I certification you will
- Be a more effective leader in complex, uncertain, and rapidly changing conditions
- Develop Agile leadership competency and maturity
- Be more knowledgeable about Agile values, approaches, and practices
- Be able to access more creative solutions through increased self-awareness, a growth mindset, and engaging others
- Align and empower your teams toward delivering more customer value
- Take a collaborative continuous-improvement approach to organisational effectiveness
- Catalyse change in others and facilitate organisational change
You can claim a minimum of 16 SEUs/PDUs by attending this course which you can use towards Continuing Professional Development and further Scrum adventures.
Once you have achieved the CAL I certification and nine months has passed, you can take the second part of the program, CAL II. Learn more about this here.
- Two-day CAL I with the UK’s leading Scrum coach (not self-titled, honest!). I have been a Certified Scrum Trainer since 2005 which makes me the longest serving Scrum trainer in the UK
- A stellar lunch each day and free flowing tea and coffee
- A two-year membership to Scrum Alliance
- A discount code to use against my Scrum Mastery course on Front Row Agile to continue learning at a time and place that suits you
About Geoff Watts
I am the founder of Inspect & Adapt Ltd, an inspirational thought leader and one of the most experienced and respected agile and leadership coaches in the world.
We've worked long and hard to get agile accepted in our organisation; it's exciting that we're at the stage where our leaders are asking how they can best support agile, and it's imperative that their trainer gets it right. Geoff's training was spot-on. His interactions with the board were respectful and challenging, and he covered lots of ground whilst adapting to the emerging conversations and context, delivering a highly personalised and engaging day with its fair share of Eureka moments. I have already booked him for our next tranche of leadership training.